Thursday, August 9, 2012

Plateau

First let me start off by stating that I've never been the smallest girl in the room. When I was in high school, I wore size 9-11 in juniors. I'm the girl who had a guy write, "loose 10 pounds then call me" in my yearbook. Through the years, I've come to realize being rail thin is NOT ever going to happen for me. That's okay, I would rather have an athletic body anyhow.

So, three kids later, my imperfect body has become even more imperfect! Thankfully my husband loves me, c-section apron and all. But I knew after Brennyn was born I really needed to do something about my weight and overall health. I decided to pull out my trusty old 30 Day Shred DVD and get to work. It is amazing how much that 20 minute workout 5-6 days a week changed me. After that became less challenging, I started on Ripped in 30. I also decided to jump start my weight loss by cutting out sugar in the months of October and January. I was happy with the results I was seeing and it made sticking to the workouts and healthy eating a little easier to do.

What really started making a difference in my muscle tone was stumbling across Body Rock in March. I went from working out ~20 minutes a day, to doing 12-18 minutes a day. My first month I did the February 30 day challenge and then just started following the videos they posted.  The difference in my body has been incredible.  I still lack a flat tummy, but I'm not sure anything will ever improve that area (besides a tummy tuck... maybe someday).

It seems as though my tape measure has disappeared, so I haven't measured since June, but from September to June, I lost 18.5 inches!

I'm super happy about my weight loss, (18 lbs since September) but my goal is to hit 140 with an ultimate goal of 130 and I've been stuck at 143 for over a month now.  After a lot of thought, I've decided that being 130 isn't worth the foods I would have to cut out. I'm no Hollywood starlet and I'm not being paid to be thin, so I will sit back and enjoy 143 lbs while I eat a cookie with my sons, ice cream with my hubby or a yummy, greasy cheeseburger every now and then.

Being in super awesome shape would be great, but I just don't think my taste buds could handle that. I like to cook and bake... and let's face it, EAT! Anyone who knows me well knows my love of food. I don't sit around and eat potato chips all day or shove empty calories in my mouth. Calories have to be worth it to me. So, I have decided to change my mind set and be happy with my weight, besides, weight doesn't matter, it fluctuates daily.

The other day I went shopping and for the first time in my life I put on a size 6! Not only that, but every shirt and dress I tried on was a small. One of the dresses I bought was and xs!!! I think that's good enough for me.

Before: 170ish

January: 147

January

April: 149

June: 145

August: 143
August
Like I said, I've never been the smallest girl in the room, and I'm still not, but I can walk into a room now and feel comfortable in my own skin. I've gained confidence and I'm proud of the hard work and sweat I put in daily. Do I eat junk? Yes, I'm pretty sure it's why I'm not getting to my goal, but I'm still pretty darn happy to be where I'm at.

Who knows, maybe in a few more months I can get over the hump and hit 140, we will see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you look GREAT! you've always been beautiful since the day I meet you inside and out.
Ricki